Sunday, February 27, 2011

Comment policy

I don't want to stifle exchanges unduly, but if I think your post is just a drive-by ad hominem attack or uses too many f-bombs, I may delete or censor it. Certain slurs are just too offensive to leave up. Others may be offensive, but not so egregiously that I will just pull them. The n-word is banished, "redneck hick" is not, unless the rest of the post is too malicious for me to accept.The sole exception is direct quotation that serves a purpose. Posting the opening of Gone With The Wind as a joke isn't good enough. Saying "Mr. X said this about [them]" can be allowed, if you can show where it's recorded. But if you're making it up, that's actionable as libel.I don't intend to be the one to take the heat for that.

"OMG, U R teh anti-christ" will not stay up. "What the frellin' frack, man? I freakin' can't fraggin' believe you farking icehole" goes, too. An occasional cuss word is ok; I'm a sailor, and we are quite fluent in "french". I try to have a thick skin. But let's try not to go past a PG or PG-13 here. I don't want to have to mark this as "adult content".

So feel free to engage in 'vigorous debate', just don't get nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment